The NEXT Generation entrepreneurial awards honor the top 3 groundbreaking women-led digital companies.
About the Awards
The L'Oréal NEXT Generation Awards identifies and provides opportunities for women leading technology companies that have the potential to shake-up the beauty industry. Our goal is to celebrate and to provide opportunities for women creating technology for our core female consumer.
Three winners will be invited to an event hosted by L’Oréal this summer 2013. The three winners will be able to execute pilots across L’Oreal brands executed by the end of 2014. The winners will have the opportunity to meet with Venture Capital firms, L’Oréal executives, partners, and the press. L’Oréal will provide airfare and accommodations to attend the event. Winners will also be provided press opportunities with major consumer and trade publications. Winners will be recognized on the , on the L'Oréal Women in Digital website and invited on an ongoing basis to attend all L’Oréal Women in Digital meet-ups in local markets and internally to provide mentorship.
The L'Oréal NEXT Generation Awards will honor the top three (3) women leading groundbreaking technology-driven companies.
- The company must have a woman functioning as a CEO, President, or equivalent.
- Winners will be selected through an open-call of nominations.
- Three (3) winners will be chosen through L’Oréal’s Women in Digital Advisory Board and Senior Executives.
Looking to recognize best-in-class women-operated companies that can help us engage with CONNECTED CONSUMERS with the following objectives for L’Oréal USA (one or more):
- Create a digital experience helping beauty shoppers choose and purchase beauty products in mass retailers, hair salons, online or at beauty counters.
- Leverage and gather data to help us acquire new customers across our portfolio of brands.
- Provide us with a new channel for customer acquisition or loyalty for beauty customers across all digital platforms, mobile and emerging technology.
- Able to create technology to help diagnose and recommend beauty regimens for skincare analysis, makeup and hair color trials driving to online or in-store purchase.
- Any disruptive technology that we may not even know about today!
Definition of a Female
- Has a woman founder or CEO or at the company - must have a C-level title and contribute to strategic direction of the company.
- L’Oreal cares about two things: Does she have power and influence in the company? Is the amount of equity she owns "fair" given her role and the stage of the company when she joined?
2012 Winner: Doreen Bloch
Founder CEO, Poshly.com - Poshly is a beauty-meets-digital company that provides customized samples based on an algorithm that will help the beauty industry market to consumers with targeted samples and giveaways.
2012 Winner: Bettina Hein
Founder and CEO, Pixability - Pixability is a video marketing company that helps organizations get the right video in front of the right audience, by driving more business and increasing awareness with online video, whether on YouTube, Facebook, or any other hosting platform with its powerful cloud-based online video marketing software.
2012 Winner: Sarah McIlroy
Founder and CEO, FashionPlaytes.com - FashionPlaytes is the first girl-driven fashion and style commerce company. At the forefront of commerce innovation, the FashionPlaytes’ website, FPgirl.com, empowers tween girls to create, share and wear original looks, transforming creative ideas into wearable fashions. With millions of possible design combinations, designers on FPgirl.com can create their own brand and showcase their designs through the development of an online collection, studio, look-book, models and participation in social games.
2012 Winner: Kathryn Minshew
Founder, The Daily Muse - is the leading online community for professional women (and a few great dudes too). With the recent launch of their career and job discovery tool at CompanyMuse.com, the site also helps connect hundreds of thousands of aspiring professionals with amazing companies.
2012 Winner: Vivian Rosenthal
Founder and CEO, GoldRun - GoldRun is an augmented reality mobile platform that transforms traditional digital media placements into immersive and immediately shareable brand-consumer engagements: GPS-defined Virtual Photobooths. Users share their branded AR photos and accompanying messages on various social networks to earn rewards including discounts and coupons, instant win prizes, access to exclusive media and the ability to order products. The free GoldRun virtual camera app is available on iOS and Android.